Tuesday, February 17, 2009


We had kind of a different Valentines this year. I should start off by saying that we never have a really good Valentines day so this was a pretty good one. Anyway my cousin was getting married in the Salt Lake temple so my mom, sister, nephew, Preston and I went to Salt Lake Friday. Since Zach isn't that fun to travel with we had Preston's family watch him which we were very grateful for. We went to eat at Macaroni Grill and then went swimming Friday night. The next day we woke up and headed to the temple. It was snowing like crazy, but the wedding was really nice. We waited for them to come out and when my mom, nephew and me couldn't wait any longer we went to the Joesph Smith building and watched the movie. It was a really good movie but I was worried because I had left Preston outside in the snow with my family. He was a really good sport because he walked all around the temple in the snow helping Amy take pictures. On a side note the best part was when we were waiting for my cousin and his new wife to come out Preston was holding the door open as people went in and out of the waiting room. As Preston held the door open for a family they went through and then Preston said I think that is the Osmond boy off of American Idol. I took a second look and then I said and that's his father. I ran to check with my mom because she is an Osmond expert and she confirmed it. Then my aunt told me that my other cousin and her had had a whole discussion with him in the temple when changing shoes. Preston wouldn't go stand by him outside of the temple so I could get a picture though. Anyway, I think that is a pretty good place to meet someone famous.

This is us at the reception and yes I do know my hair is really big and wavy thanks to the snow!

This is a picture Preston took while he waited for us to come out of the movie.

We had planned that we weren't going to get each other anything for Valentines Day because all I wanted was to eat at the Melting Pot. Unfortunately the Melting Pot didn't have any reservations so I was pretty upset. Preston got these flowers for me from his mom. It wasn't a surprise but it was still very sweet.

4 comments:

AmyMerrell said...

i love the new background. i thought it was a good trip except for the snow and cold.

Greg and Meg said...

Ha I love the roses! Preston's so thoughtful! Zach is so stinkin' cute! I love him so much! I found his jacket, by the way.

Matthews Family said...

Looks like you had a fun Valentines day! I've never been to the Salt Lake Temple. I need to go. I love the new background.

Lindsey, Dan & Revin said...

I can't believe you saw that Osmond guy from American Idol. I was so mad when he got voted off! He should have at least made it to the top ten! Anyways, Hope everything is going good!