Friday, June 24, 2011

DALLAS

Preston and I went to Dallas last week for an entire week.  Preston took two of his debate kids to nationals so I tagged along.  It was nice to have a whole week with him since we haven't go to see each other much lately.


 View from our hotel room
 I was so excited to see this.  It was a life size bronze statues of a cattle drive.  Since it was so hot I burned my hand trying to climb on one of them, but it was still fun.
 Heart Attack Grill.  A cafe that prides itself on how unhealthy it is.  Our shake came with a slice of butter on top.
 Preston with the two kids who competed at nationals.
 This was a museum of mummies found in Mexico.  Zach thought it was cool that I saw real mummies.
 Dallas World Aquarium.
 Preston and his student Chancy eating sushi for the first time.  We even got a video of Chancy gagging.
 Waiting for the DART train after the NBA championship parade.  It was so crazy.
We went to several art museums in Dallas.  Some included Holocaust Museum, ssculpture gardens, museum and where JFK was shot.  Most wouldn't let us take pictures but here is one outside of SMU.

I had such a great time, even though I missed Zach like crazy and gained about 5lbs.  Next year will be Indianapolis so hopefully some more kids can qualify.



1 comment:

Falisha said...

What a fun trip!! I am glad you got to go.